Rescue Centre Category: Breed Specific Rescues UK
Senior Staffy Club was set up after I adopted two Senior Staffies separately – the adorable Buster (lying dow on the right) who had been waiting 8 months in kennels for a new home, and the beautiful Madge who was in the pound and due to be put to sleep. Buster and Madge adored one another and were best pals until sadly Buster passed away.
Both dogs were never any trouble – house trained, not destructive, good with people and other dogs so why did they spend all that time waiting? Simply because they were Senior Staffies.
Hence Senior Staffy Club was formed to help all the others like them who are still searching for rescue help and new homes.
Senior Staffy Club’s aims are:
- – rescue and rehome Staffordshire Bull Terriers and Staffy Cross dogs aged 7yrs and over
- – to help promote Senior Staffies in other rescues who are looking for a new home
- – to recruit foster carers who have been homechecked by us and who can then offer a comfy space for a Senior Staffy in need
In the future we aim to offer:
- – free / reduced cost neutering and microchipping
- – educational / community input realting to dog welfare
Please take a look around the site and read about the dogs looking for homes and please also visit the ‘How you can help’ page. Shoould you decide to adopt one of our beautiful dogs …
- EVERY Senior Staffy will have received a health check, be fully vaccinated and microchipped, and be spayed / neutered (unless vet advises against it being done due to age or health reasons).
- All of this costs money so we do ask for a £90 donation which goes directly to helping other Senior Staffys in our care.
- You will receive rescue back up for the life of the dog, a post adoption check up after 6 months, and contact with a key worker for at least the first two weeks as the dog you have chosen settles in, so if you have any questions there is someone to help you through those first few weeks.
- EVERY application is subject to a home visit. Dont be scared!….this simply means a local home visitor will come to your home at a time that suits you both, they will chat to you about what having a dog will mean in your life and look at your practical set up ….such as do you have a fuly secure garden. Don’t worry they wont be checking to see whether you have dusted, or whether you have done all the ironing or if all the decorating is fantastic…they just want to make sure you are ready and appreciate the commitment of adopting one of our Senior Staffys
And don’t forget – the more people who can help – by adopting, fostering, fundraising or donating – the more Senior Staffies we can help.
Thank you x