Birmingham Dogs Home was founded in 1892 on land made available by the late Sir Alfred Gooch Bart in New Canal Street, Birmingham. Sadly this building, which over a century later still had ‘Birmingham Home for Lost and Starving Dogs’ proudly displayed above its doors, was destroyed in a fire during 2014 – but from the foundations established at this humble building, the charity continues to exist and grow.
The new kennels, which we believe are one of the best purpose-built homes in the UK, are surrounded by green fields and towering trees which allow for excellent exercise facilities and the opportunity for potential owners to walk and get to know their dog of choice better.
The Centre comprises of 128 large kennels with under floor heating, veterinary suite, education / community centre and superb staff facilities. The 12.45 acre site gives plenty of room, for volunteers and supporters looking to find their new companion, to walk dogs in open countryside.
We’re not a charity and do not run this site for profit – just to help all those amazing dog rescues in the UK. Any donations therefore are really gratefully recieved and appreciated very much – thanks.